Piggy pedagogy

Piggy pedagogy

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Prepositional phrases


Since I've been back I've been noticing that J's prepositional phrases are much improved, especially in the dative case. Whereas before he would often still say that we are "in das Haus" or "in den Wagen" or "in die Schule," now he is getting them right most of the time. 



I have not yet heard or noticed examples that show me he is distinguishing cases in two-way preposition usage. I've explained this to him a few times, but mostly I just try to model it.  

Update: during J's photostory he has Ulli approaching Gustav and bowing before him: 






I used this as an opportunity to work on two-way preposition usage. Since I find J often learns best when I'm not teaching him directly, but someone else (I talk about this in my puppetry article), I addressed my instruction to Gustav:

Ulli tritt vor dich und verneigt sich vor dir

Gustav asked why this was the case, and I gave a grammar explanation. 

We'll see if J repeats this at next telling!

No comments:

Post a Comment