Piggy pedagogy

Piggy pedagogy

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Puppets and piano practice 8: Kleinkonzerte 1 & 2

I'm working on starting a new routine, which is to sit down with J and one of the puppets and watch musicians performing. 



Last week we watched piano arrangments of two pieces J loves: "Edelweiss" and Grieg's "Morgenstimmung":




Today we watched Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata":



J pays more attention when Gustav is paying attention. Also, I take this as another opportunity to work on musical vocabulary in German with J. I got tired of constantly looking up stuff on the internet, so this summer I bought a little music theory book in Vienna. (My musical training preceded my beginning German, so I never learned German musical vocabulary in any complete or systematic way.). Here's the one I got:


No comments:

Post a Comment