Piggy pedagogy

Piggy pedagogy

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Literary-critical Sunday school 17

Reading: Monika und Udo Tworuschka, Die Weltreligionen Kindern erklärt, loc. 793-826 (Islam; biography of Muhammed)/2119. Listening: Die Bibel, 1.28-1.42 (Genesis 21-23). 

The birth and binding of Isaac were up today. The latter made a big impression on J. I gave him the standard interpretation, that God did not really intend Isaac's sacrifice, that he was just testing Abraham's faith. 

I also told him that if I heard a voice claiming to be God and demanding that I sacrifice my only son, I would tell that voice to get lost. J laughed at that. 

We discussed some images as well:








   
I also noted to J how Muslims have the same story but that they tell it with Ismael in place of Isaac. 

No comments:

Post a Comment