Piggy pedagogy

Piggy pedagogy

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Vocabulary walk & talk 7

Yesterday I took along the verbs + preposition notebook (see here) on my walk with J and worked the following: 

achten auf

sich abfinden mit 
sich ärgern über
aufpassen auf
aussehen nach
sich beirren lassen durch
sich bemühen um

The new notebook is helpful in collating all the basic forms these expressions can take so I can work on them individually. For example, when J and I were walking a labyrinth nearby our house, I worked on ways of saying "pay attention to the path" using the verb/prep combo achten auf. There are three ways of using this. 




1) Achten auf + accusative (auf A in the notebook)
2) Achten darauf, dass + subordinate clause (darauf, dass)
3) Achten darauf, infinitive clause (darauf, Inf.)


So I came up with sentences for all three forms and used them within a short period of time:

Achte auf den Weg! 

Achte darauf, dass du den Schlängelweg einhältst! 
Ach, ich muss darauf achten, den Weg nicht zu verlieren, während ich mit Thusnelda rede!

In terms of tactics, it is very helpful to have a puppet along on our walks to criticize me for repeating myself so often! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment