Piggy pedagogy

Piggy pedagogy

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Media today 206

Reading: Several old and new jokes from Imke Stotz, Sagt Ulf zu Gnulf... : Die 500 besten KinderwitzeDavid Macaulay, Das große Mammut-Buch der Technik, 126-127 (pneumatic machines, pneumatic drill). Description & narration/Minecraft: 10 min. yesterday and 15 min. today. 



The new Minecraft activity involves me simply plopping myself down next to J while he plays Minecraft on the tablet, whereupon he will proceed to talk nonstop and a mile a minute, describing what he has built and is building and is planning to build and where he got the ideas (often from one of his videos; whence usually also the language he is using to describe it) and what he has just figured out and what things are made of and how they work, etc. Yesterday I had this notebook to hand and worked in a few items: 



But today I just sat there, asking J the occasional question (when I could get a word in edgewise), and in this way it's a very low-input, low-mental-bandwidth way to get him to produce copious L2. And he loves it. 

I'm also going to add narration/description to the categories I keep chronological track of in the stats below.

2015
Total audio: 50.02 hours
Total video: 79.24 hours
Total narration/description: 25 min. (category added 8.25.2015) 
Age 5.10.25

No comments:

Post a Comment