Piggy pedagogy

Piggy pedagogy

Friday, January 1, 2016

Yearly statistics (2015)

The stats are in for 2015: 

Total L2 audio: 80.33 hours
Avg: 13:14 minutes per day

Total L2 video: 95.26 hours
Avg: 15:41 minutes per day

I noted the stats prior to kindergarden here. I'm glad to see that I was indeed able to maintain the listening portion of the regime. 

What we don't have much time for during the school year is those things like our "vocabulary walks & talks" where I consciously strive to push the boundaries of J's active L2 production. We do of course speak German all the time, and only German unless we are interacting with other people who are not my wife, so J is still getting lots of regular active-L2-production time. Nonetheless, the active fostering of L2 language production is very effective, so I must return to making space for it in little ways. Today we did another walk & talk, though I no longer wish to take to time to record it.

No comments:

Post a Comment