Piggy pedagogy

Piggy pedagogy

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Kunst 1. Horst Antes, Franz Marc, Albrecht Dürer

Today J and I were looking at some of the work of the German artist Horst Antes, specifically his famous "Kopffüßler":





Later, when we were reading Roger Hargreaves's story Mister Sorge, J pointed out that the protagonist was kind of a Kopffüßler.



Before I started this blog, I would often show J the work of notable artists. I printed images of works, then we would glue them into his Kunsthefte, label them, discuss them, and he would do little imitations. Here are his two first Kunsthefte, from 2014-2015:



That's Albrecht Dürer's rabbit there. The artist I emphasized most was Franz Marc, for two reasons: 1) animals!; and 2) colors!





Here are some of J's creations in the Franz Marc style (from March 2014):



I labeled this post Kunst 1 because I'm going to try to be a little more systematic about discussing art with J again and make it into a regular blogpost series. I'll have a next post soon on some of the other artists we worked on in the notebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment