Piggy pedagogy

Piggy pedagogy

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Pure L2 gold: World of Warcraft quests in German


I was just lamenting that World of Warcraft doesn't have language settings other than English, because the quest descriptions are linguistically very rich, but too complex for me to spontaneously translate well. Then it occurred to me that there may be a site on the internet where they are translated in to German. Lo and behold, there is, at 

http://de.wowhead.com/quests 

So I pulled up the ones he is working on and read them. They are very well done: 



In our subsequent chat, J was immediately using the vocabulary from the descriptions. Pure L2 acquisition gold.

Update: for bedtime I re-read and we rehashed the four quests in German we did this morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment